Your garage is a gateway to your home, which is why it is important to keep up with routine garage door services for your Clearwater home. You may not realize it is in need of some maintenance until it is broken down, either leaving you walking to work or completely exposed to the weather conditions or unwanted visitors. Believe it or not, a lot of times there are signs you can look for before something like this happens.
Things to check for
- Tracks: Are the tracks on both sides of your door twisted or bent? If they are, this can hinder your door from operating correctly and can cause more damage if left unrepaired.
- Hinges: If the hinges on the door are bent or broken, they need to be replaced.
- Keyless remote stopped working: If you changed the battery on your keyless remote and your door still will not open, then it may need to be reprogrammed.
- Springs: The spring is the muscle of your unit; it is what helps the door open and close. If its life expectancy comes to an end, do not try to lift your door or fix this problem on your own. Call a Clearwater garage door services professional immediately, since springs can be dangerous to handle.
- Rollers: On the ends of your door you will find sets of rollers. If they are not moving smoothly and quietly, they may require replacement or lubrication.
Benefits of routine maintenance
To keep your system working optimally, the best thing you could do would be to have routine garage door services in Clearwater. Look for a company who will offer services on the following: new unit installation, spring repair, opener repair/ installation, remote replacement, hurricane reinforcement.
To ensure your Clearwater home is getting the best garage door services, make sure your provider inspects and does the following:
- Inspect your door and its opening and closing system
- Make adjustments if necessary to ensure your door is functioning properly, and to prevent potential problems from occurring.
- Lubricate moving parts
- Inspect parts that are prone to wear and tear over time
- Inspect the reverse action, to make sure if something were to get in your unit’s way, while it was closing, it could reverse swiftly and correctly.
Do I need garage door services?
The answer is yes. Whether you have a repair or just need some routine maintenance, the wisest decision you could make would be to call for professional help. Having a company on call you can trust is rewarding, as these mechanisms can be very confusing at times. At LiftPro in Clearwater, we offer knowledgeable and professional 24/7 garage door services, and we specialize in residential repairs.